Monday, December 30, 2019

InstantPot GF DF Chicken Chili

It's no secret I'm a big fan of the Whole30 now and wish I'd done it LONG ago. I was too scared, too addicted to sugar and artificial sweeteners, and didn't know enough about it. Now, I have 60+ peeps who've decided to join me starting January 2nd for another round and I'm motivated as ever. It's been an indulgent, tasty, fun, boozey month of "food freedom" as they call it, but I look and feel icky and I'm ready to reset again!

This soup is inspired by a freezer clean out and realizing I had all the makings of a yummy, spicy, savory, creamy soup already on hand! The butternut squash and coconut milk balance the spice so well and add that thick creamy element we look for in chowder and white chili.


Ingredients:
1 can full fat organic coconut milk (I love Trader Joe's)
Fill empty can with water, mix around for remnants of coconut, and add that as well
2 frozen chicken breasts (God bless the InstantPot)
1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice
2 cups frozen butternut squash cubes
1 cup sliced frozen bell peppers (Trader Joe's sells yellow, red, and green in same bag)
2 small cans diced green chiles and their liquid
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp dried onion
1 tbs minced garlic
The fresh lime at the end is the BEST

Directions:
Toss all ingredients in InstantPot.
Set on Soup/Stew mode for 35 minutes and walk away!
Make sure your dial is set to SEALING.
Watch some IP videos on YouTube if you're still scared of your Christmas gift.
Remove breasts and shred chicken with forks when done, mix, and enjoy!

Let me know what you think!



1 comment: