Sunday, September 16, 2018

Game Day Chicken Chili/Soup-Zero Weight Watchers SmartPoints

Three weeks post partum with 2 under 2 is NO JOKE. I am down 24 lbs so far but I gained weight this past week. I am not surprised after all of the globs of peanut butter I enjoyed while breast feeding by beast of a baby boy. Big globs. I am committed to buckling down this week and keeping it easy. So here's a simple recipe to start the week strong!

If you need a protein boost, this is for you.
If you need something to do with those extra frozen chicken breasts, this is for you. 
If you need something EASY for the crock pot on a Sunday, here ya go.
If you need something for ZEROOOO Weight Watchers SmartPoints, I got you.


Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1 packet white chicken chili seasoning
1 15 oz can of pinto beans
(2) 15 oz cans of light red kidney beans
1 small can diced green chiles
1 cup frozen corn
About 40 oz water
2 tbs corn starch


Directions:
Strain and rinse beans.
Add all ingredients to crock pot.
Set on low for 8 hours. 
Remove and shred chicken using two forks. Add back to pot. 
Remove excess liquid if too soupy. (I like mine on the thinner broth side) 
Add 1/4 cup of removed liquid to 2 tbs cornstarch and whisk.
Add slurry mixture back into pot to help thicken broth. 

Top with whatever flavor boosters you like. I added two tablespoons of sour cream for 3 SmartPoints, chopped green onions, and a fresh squeeze of lime. Delicious! 

Go Patriots! Think Brady would approve? 


No comments:

Post a Comment